Getting started with GroupCamp - Set up your account
This GroupCamp article explains how to get started with GroupCamp. How administrators configure settings, applications and user privileges.
Please note that only GroupCamp Administrators can access the Admin Panel. The Owner of the account is also an Administrator.
Your account has been configured with default settings. This page guides you through setting up and customizing your account.
In this article:
- Set up your account
- Configure the settings of your users
- Select and configure GroupCamp modules
- Configure user privileges
- Create your projects and invite your users
- Have questions? Send us a message
- Access the Admin Panel. How to add or remove administrators.
- Change your account name or access URL to your GroupCamp.
- Customize the GroupCamp interface to your colors.
- Configure the Time Units and the Work capacity of the users.
- Configure Regional options: language, time zone, date formats, times, numbers, etc.
- Set up user notifications (email and iOS & Android apps).
- Manage access security to your account: authentication (Password, Login with Google) - Duration of sessions
- Select the integrations you want to use: Box, Dropbox, Google Apps, Microsoft Outlook and OneDrive.
- Configure the support functions of your users.
A project is a secure workgroup that contains applications and data accessible to its members.
In each project you can configure the applications and features you want to use: Overview (Dashboard), Budget, Tasks & Milestones OR Schedule, Timelog, Files, Wiki and Discussions.
View project reports. Create custom filters. Download Excel files with your data.
Allocate and schedule resource work. Manage the resource and project workload plans.
Create the generic roles, assign them to the users.
Assign the Planner profile of privileges .
Activate the Scheduling module for your users.
The Timesheet module allows users to record their time spent.
Create the Time categories.
Activate the Timesheet module for your users.
Send reminder emails to users for entering their timesheets.
The budget of a project allows to compare the Planned work with the Actual work and manage project costs and margin. The Actual work corresponds to the time spent saved in the project (done with Timesheet Module).
Set the module Use the different types of budget: Overall budget, Budget by category, Budget by role.
The Cost management module calculates the cost of the time spent saved in projects (linked with the Timesheet Module).
System profiles of privileges: Colleague, Project manager, Planner, Administrator and Guest.
Create your profiles of privileges.
Assign pprofiles of privileges to your users.
Customize user privileges
Check out this FAQ: How to grant privileges. How to use Profiles of privileges.
Use the + button from the main menu bar.
Use the (?) button from the main menu bar.