New cross-project view with starred projects and activity filters
We have had several requests over the past months for our clients having to manage a large number of projects, especially those doing client projects. We are introducing a first set of comfort features designed to help you improve the way you manage a large number of projects.
This blog post is now deprecated. please read this article: Project Dashboards and Project management Reports.
The personal user page becomes the cross-project view
You will notice a change in the icons of the top meny bar as described below:
The previous Dashboard application is now renamed Overview and presents itself as shown below:
We have redesigned the late milestones and tasks:
- updates are sorted by date and it is now possible to filter the activity feed per project and per application
- for administrators:
- we have removed updates from the Journal app of the admin section,
- we have added an ‘Add a new project’ button from the cross-project view.
In the list of projects on the right you can now distinguish between projects based on their time zones.
We do however apologize for one temporary inconvenience. Once we push this feature into all live accounts. cross-project activities will be emptied and will start being filled again with updates that follow the release.
Please note that the cross-project dashboard view was separated by project. We now mis all the updates and you can use the project selection tool to filter your view.
Defining starred projects
When the number of projects in which you are participating becomes too significant, you now have two new features to improve your experience:
- you can sort the list of projects in order to have your most active projects at the top. the way to do that is by defining those projects as starred projects,
- if the list gets too long, a search field will be displayed and you can easily find the required project.
Please note the following:
- the starred project feature is displayed as from the Best (so available when the number of projects is greater than 15).
- the search feature is also displayed when your list of project contains 15 projects or more.
Your project menu is therefore displayed as follows:
The starred projects are above and are can be sorted. Your non-sorted projects are displayed in alphabetical order. The link labelled Customize your list of projects allows you to access the screen below to define starred projects and sort your list.
In the cross-project view, please note also that in the tasks and in the timelog app the projects will be displayed on the same order as in the top menu.
For those of you handling a large number of projects, please get in touch and let us know what you think.