Manage online projects in different time zones
In a recent blog post, we talked about the need to take time zones into account in our online projects.
We're now happy to announce the following new features:
- the owner of an account can select a time zone for the account and its administrators: this is done in the Account application in the Admin section.
- Administrators can specify a time zone per project. In the Project Application of the Admin section, edit a project and underneath a given project you can set the time zone for the project..
- The time zone is displayed within the project and all dates and tiles are dislayed accordingly in all apps(activity feed in Overview, Due Dates, Milestones, Timelog, etc...)
This is a first step in time zone management. In a futur release (probably in the coming weeks), you will be able to specify your personal time zone as a project member. What we are working on is adding comfort to your project usage when your personal time zone is different from the project time zone.
Why is it important to manage time zones ?
- You need a single reference time for your project deadlines. For instance a due date for a task (4th of february) needs to be the same for all project members irrespective of their time zone.
- When working with a customer who is not in the same time zone, it is useful to be able to adapt to the time zone of your customer. For all our customers using one project per customer this is a must have and we're happy to provide the per project time zone feature.
Paris (GMT +1)