Presenting GroupCamp’s new features
In the coming days and weeks we will be publishing detailed blog posts on some of the major features we have just released but for now here is an almost exhaustive list of what is new in the latest version of GroupCamp.
It all starts with the new UI
Please refer to our blog on the guiding principles behind the new UI.
The ‘Network’ sidebar menu with Profile and People
- New enriched profile page for users and guests,
- Customize the available fields in user profiles,
- Manage visibility or privacy of your profile information,
- The People app now serves a corporate directory. Invited guests within the app only see people within their own company.
- Please note that Members tab in each project has been removed. Clicking on the members of a project will now direct you to that user’s Profile page
Tracking pack and Timesheet app
- You can now grant access to Timesheet to users of your account even if ther are not members of a project.
- Access to the Tracking pack is managed in the settings for Users and Guests.
Global settings: project time measuring unit & timesheets
- As an Administrator you can set the unit to be used by all users of the account (hours or days) for all projects. This applies to both estimated time and records for time spent,
- The same applies for the Timesheet.
Global settings: choosing your display name within applications
Users can now choose the display format for their name within applications:
- John Smith
- Smith John
- John S.
- J. Smith
- Also, if you have enabled the Nickname in Profil, you can choose to display your Nickname in all applications.
Account look & feel
You can now change the appearance for almost everything, from the background color of the top banner to the browsing zone on the left sidebar. You can choose the colors for form buttons, links, role labels, etc...
User and Guests applications, Managing invitied companies
- Users and Guests apps in the Administrator section have been redesigned to take into account Identity and Profile.
- In the Guest application, you can now list invited Companies.
Role and Privileges application
You can now on one single screen manage the privileges of each role (Administrator and Manager). You can learn more about this in our blog.
Project list app in the Administrator section
- Member management for a project directly from the list,
- Manager role management directly from the project list
- Private items are now displayed as [P] instead of [Private],
- A project presentation information popup when your mouse hovers the project name,
- Quick navigation links when editing project properties.
Project application settings
- New presentation for app settings with quick shortcut links to move from one project to another,
- In plans Best & Max you can copy the app settings from one project to another.
Open projects and projects ‘by invitation only’
- You now have 2 types of projects: projects by invitation only, which is the only mode that existed up till now and open projects which any user of the account can join or leave,
- you can now decide not display the name of the company and the project timezone,
- In plans Best & Max, when creating a new project, you can copy the settings of an existing project.
User personal settings & user details
- A new Identity app now groups all account and connexion information (passwords, additional email addresses, user time zone),
- Other display information (Ex: First Name, Last name) have been moved to the Profile,
- Administrators can now access profiles of all users and guests for assistance if required.
All project applications have been redesigned with the following main features
You can move from one project to another or to the Dashboard by using the Projects menu, the ‘My Projects’ menu or by clicking on the name of the current project.
- Clicking on a project member now displays the full profile of a project member
- Add or remove users from the Members pop-up men,
- Users with Administrator role can now remove updates from the activity feed.
Clicking on the task list linked to a milestone now displays a pop-up showing all tasks whose due date is that of the milestone.
Tasks application within a project
- Priorities are now tags. Read the following blog for more information.
- New Multiple filter options including task status, assigned member and tags.
- Display of the remaining time estimate on a task list.
- New planning view for all tasks.
Dashboard application and Tasks reports
- Reports for the task list view: with late tasks, tasks of the current week and upcoming week,
- Reports for the "planning" view: time period, sorted or merged reports,
- For the above mentioned reports, select the list of required members, projects and tags.
The GroupCamp R&D and Customer Management team hopes you’ll enjoy GroupCamp’s new User Interface and new features .
The new interface paves the way for a series of new features and offerings to be released soon.
GroupCamp In the coming days and weeks we will be publishing detailed blog posts on some of the major features we have just released but for now here is an almost exhaustive list of what is new in the latest version of GroupCamp.