GroupCamp Version 3 - Release notes - June 2019
We are very pleased to present new features of the GroupCamp platform version 3.
New organization in modules and changes of the GroupCamp plans
- The Project and Reports modules are available in all plans.
- The Scheduling, Timesheet, Budget and Cost Management modules are available from the BEST plan.
- Prices of our plans do not change.
Contact GroupCamp support when you are in the START or PLUS plan and want to retrieve timesheet and budget data without changing your plan.
Possible problems due to migration to V3
The principle of migration to V3 is based on the security of access to the data of your account by its users and therefore not to grant a privilege that a user did not have. This principle means that users may have lost privileges.
Do not hesitate to ask the GroupCamp support team and read this blog post: Getting Started with Version 3 for Administrators, Planners and Project Managers.
New user privilege management
Privilege management is now user centric. You can assign Profiles of privileges to your users and / or customize user's privileges.
The following System Profiles of privileges are available:
- Colleague: all employees have this profile.
- Project Manager: Assign this profile to the people who manage your projects.
- Planner: Assign this profile to colleagues who plan tasks, milestones, jobs and need to have a vision of all users and all projects.
- Administrator: This profile provides access to most extended privileges AND to the Admin Panel.
- Guest: All your guests must have this profile.
You can customize System Profiles of privileges and also create Custom Profiles of privileges to manage the rights of your users. Check out this FAQ to learn more: How to grant privileges. How to use Profiles of privileges.
New User Window, new Role management, and new Work capacity management
The Privileges tab of the User window is used to assign user Profiles of privileges - and - to customize the user's privileges (Timesheet entry, Task creation, etc.).
Role management and Work capacity profile management are available to all users. These features are effective in the Scheduling, Timesheet, Budget and Cost Management modules.
New Features menu in user preferences:
- New per user Starred features: Starred items, Starred menus, Starred filters, and Starred projects. (In V2, Starred were ON / OFF for all users of the account).
- Display of the main menu bar: icons, texts or icons + texts.
New project features - Migration of intranet and extranet groups
Intranet and extranet groups are canceled. Existing extranet or intranet groups and migrated to projects. Applications present in a project are now customizable. A project may only have the Timelog application to record time spent or only the Files application to share files.
The Activity application is merged into the Discussions application.
Adding new applications:
- The Budget app to manage budget revisions.
- The Schedule app for integrated projects with the Scheduling module.
- The Privilege of members app that lets you know who has access to what in the project.
Project applications new features are detailed below..
New project settings
- New Project leaders field that selects project managers and colleagues who have local privilege delegation to the project.
- Configuring the features of the project applications. New features are detailed below.
- New Project dates tab
- Input constraints are extended to time spent and budget entry.
- The Finished project status is managed.
Creating a new project provides a new window for preselecting the apps you want to use.
In the Add a new project window, the Copy an existing project feature is available in all plans.
New Home > Projects application
The Projects application is located in the Home menu. Depending on the user's privileges, it only lists MY PROJECTS (the projects of which the user is a member) or all ACTIVE PROJECTS in your account or ALL PROJECTS which also includes Archived projects and Deleted projects (Projects in the Trash).
New Settings menu that allows you to view the configuration of active projects as a table with sortable columns.
New Users application (Companies, Organizations and Teams)
The application is accessible to all colleagues from the main menu bar. Colleagues access the different menus according to their privileges.
- The application groups Users, Companies, Organizations and Teams.
- The Trash menu is visible to all colleagues.
- New menus in the form of tables:
- Settings: to get an overview of your users (profiles, roles, key privileges, etc.). This menu is also used to manage scheduled resources and access to the Timesheet module.
- Preferences: to list user preferences (Sync, etc.).
- The Work capacity profiles, "Roles" or "Roles & Costs" (when the Cost management module is enabled), and Import / Export menus are moved to the Users application.
The Project module allows you to manage projects with the Overview, Budget, Schedule vs. Tasks & Milestones, Files, Wiki and Discussions applications.
New features :
- Privileges of members app that lets you know what privileges members of the project have (see such application, data, etc).
- Shift dates. This feature allows you to shift the dates of tasks and milestones when your project is delayed by a few days or weeks. This feature is also very useful when you Copy an existing project and want to reset its dates.
- A new parameter is available to decide whether the % complete field is checked or unchecked when creating a new task.
- New configurable widgets in the Overview application.
Access to the module is from the main menu bar and is protected by a privilege. Users then have access to the data according to the privileges they have in the applications. Ex. Access to budgets data, Access to billable time spent, etc.
When the module is activated in your account, you must choose between using the Schedule app (jobs) or using the Tasks and Milestones apps when creating a new project. On request to GroupCamp Support, we can enable both choices for your projects.
New features :
- All users can become scheduled resources. Making a user a scheduled resource is driven by a privilege that you can manage in the User window or with the Users > Settings menu.
- Having a role is no longer required to be a scheduled user, the role [-] Default is now present in the apps of the Scheduling module.
- All users have a Work capacity profile. The default profile is used when creating a new user.
- The Schedule application is available in the project applications. Colleagues with the Project manager profile of privileges who are selected as Project leaders for the project and have the privilege Scheduling > Extended Privileges > Edit project schedules can manage the schedule of the project.
Activation of the Timesheet module activates the presence of the Timelog application in the settings of each project. When the Timelog app is enabled in a project, project members can save time spent on the project.
- Access to the input of time spent is protected by privileges: Privilege to enter time spent on projects, privilege to use the Billable checkbox , privilege of entering time spent on administrative time categories.
- All users have a work capacity profile that defines the length of their working day, their working and non-working days and their limits for entering time spent for their week.
- New features for entering time spent on projects:
- Input only on the tasks assigned to the user.
- Billable checkbox field can be checked or unchecked by default. Note: when the box is checked and a user does not have access to the billable time spent, the time spent are recorded as "billable".
- All users who can enter time spent automatically have access to the Timesheet app.
- The Timesheet module's time spent input form allows you to select one of the project tasks.
- Maximum entry of 24 hours a day.
- New entry form for all days of the week.
You can consult this FAQ: How to set up the Timesheet module to enter time spent on projects and categories.
Activating the Budget module activates the presence of the Budget application in the settings of each project.
- You can enter Unit costs by budget line to determine the Planned cost of the project.
- You can enter the Budget amount to manage the project margin.
- New email alert to monitor the evolution of the project margin (Project margin = Budget amount - Actual cost).
- New widgets in the project Overview application and in the Reports module to display: Work data (Planned work vs. Actual work), Cost data (Planned cost vs. Actual cost), and Margin data.
- Budget dates = Project dates. This feature allows you to restrict the budget to the project dates and compare it to the time spent recorded for the same period.
- The Work scheduled column in not anymore displayed in the Budget per role.
You can consult this FAQ: How to set up the Budget module and the Budget app for projects.
Cost management module
Cost management allows you to control the costs of your projects based on the time spent saved through the Timesheet module.
Saved time spent are valued:
- at the average cost of each user's role (these costs can usually be shared with your collaborators or project managers),
- at the cost of each user (these costs are generally more sensitive and depend on your internal uses).
Per-role and per-user costs can be updated on a monthly basis by importing an Excel file or online.
Access to cost control is via the Reports module and are protected by privileges.
New Admin Panel
The Admin Panel has a new design with 3 new tabs: Settings, Privileges, and Account management .
Manage feature activations, time units and work capacity, default values for creating new projects, new users, and more.
Create your custom profiles of privileges for your colleagues and guests.
Grant or remove privileges for system profiles and your custom profiles.
Assign profiles of privileges to your colleagues and guests.
Do not hesitate to contact GroupCamp support if you need help or if you notice a problem.
Have a good v3.
The GroupCamp team.